Who am I? A New Realization

Who am I? It is something in my life that I have always struggled with (doesn't everyone). But now, with the birth of my daughter in December, first and foremost I am a mother. Sure, I am a wife. Yes, I love to knit and craft and bake. But none of those truly defined me before.

Of course I want to be the best wife I can be (and am making big goals and micro goals to achieve that too) but for me first and foremost my priority is my daughter. E, is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have struggled my entire life with anxiety and depression. And when I say my entire life, I do mean my entire life (from at least kindergarten and beyond). She makes me want to be the best person I can be. I want to be the best mom for her and I want her to grow up having an awesome childhood.

So I thought I would share my list of goals to be the best mom I can be.

1. Read to her. All. The. Time.
2. Play with her constantly.
3. Create memories.
4. Create a home, more about family time, than cleaning time.
5. Show her the world
6. Be kind to myself and to others
7. Show her the joy of using her hands
8. Show her it is okay to fail
9. To teach her to never stop learning
10. Teach her she is perfect with every last flaw and every last things she does right

Over the next few weeks, I will break down my list into posts and also just share how hard being a mother is. (because even though she is the best things that has literally ever happened to me, she is also the hardest, most difficult thing I have ever done.)

I hope you join me on this journey, because I can tell you. It is going to be one hell of a ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Read to Her All The Time